Wednesday 4 July 2007

Paypal Shmaypal !!

Things certainly appear to have slowed down regarding my producing Images lately. I've gone from a full Memory Card-per day, to no Images in nearly an entire week!

A major factor in this being the lovely British Weather we've been having lately(more Rain than I can remember for many years). In addition to that, I'm getting really frustrated trying to setup shots using the "Shoe Mount" method. It's great to start with, but it becomes laborious trying to get the correct positioning, especially when I'm also using a Sync Cord to fire it.

What I really need to get moving again (well in my mind anyway) is a Lightstand and a remote trigger. Now, I could use my Tripod if I could get my hands on a bloody Hot Shoe adaptor to enable me to fix the strobe on, however after trawling just about every Photog Shop in the South West, it seems clear no one ever has them in stock.

The easy solution of course is to but one off the Web..... or so you would think.

Unfortunately, my only option for purchasing from the Web is via Paypal. Having gone through the signup process, I then had to wait for them to deposit a few pence into my Bank Account for it to be "Verified". This finally happened today(After over a week). Yippee! Pity I now have to wait for "7-9 Working Days" for the funds to be transferred into the Paypal account :-(

One saving grace is that the Strobist lesson for this week does not involve shooting, so hopefully I'll have my gear in time for the next practical lesson.

This week's lesson, Lighting 102 - Position Review is very simply about trying to become more aware of lighting position in our day to day life, trying to identify what sort of natural ligting effects we find appealing. This is actually a great exercise for me as it's something I've been doing since I decided to get back into Photography. I have already identified many types of lighting situations I would love to be able to reproduce. Now I just have to figure out how to make them happen with unnatural light.

No comments: